The Bathurst Police Force currently has one officer assigned to the Court Section. This officer is responsible for coordinating all charge files as they work their way through the court process.
Some of the duties of the Court Officer include:
- Laying information for all Bathurst Police Force charge files,
- Processing of all tickets where a voluntary fine was not paid,
- Coordinating the preparation of summonses and subpoenas for accused persons and witnesses in order to assure attendance in court at the set court date,
- Physical attendance in the courtrooms,
- Provide courtroom security as required,
- Answer inter-agency requests for charge related information,
- Act as liaison between the Bathurst Police Force, Provincial Crown Council, parole, probation and Provincial Judges,
- Manage alternative measures files.